Friday, July 17, 2009

Friday, July 17, 2009
Today in our language training class we got to meet Marisol Vargas, Benjamin’s girlfriend. They say they are not serious but I’m not sure I believe them. She is from Brazil but her mother was from Chili (I think) and she served her mission in at the Temple square visitor center then later was sent to Dallas TX where she learned and tough investigators in Spanish. Now she is a Spanish language teacher at the MTC like Benjamin. She and Benjamin make a beautiful couple.

Tonight for the last 45 minutes of our language training we had a large group “going away” testimony meeting. Many of the couples will be leaving tomorrow. We all bore our testimonies in our new language. It was a very spiritual and powerful meeting. I am especially proud of Pam. She bore her testimony in Spanish perfectly and only glanced at her notes once.

I can’t say enough about Pam’s hard work and her willingness to put everything she has into Spanish. She works tirelessly everyday improving her Spanish skills. Yesterday her teacher Elder Jorge Chauca, from Peru, gave her some key words and phrases so she could create her own sentences. All day for the past couple of days while walking between classes she has been speaking in Spanish saying things like: I can walk, I can eat food, the mountains are beautiful, etc. She is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment