Sunday, July 12, 2009

Sacrament Meeting - Farewell

Sunday, July 12, 2009 (Speak in Sacrament meeting.)




Sacrament meeting was very special. Not because Pam and I were speaking but because of the tremendous outpouring of support for us by so many of our friends and family that came out to support us. I counted over 80 friends and family that came to the meeting that were not regular members of the Hillside Ward. Thank you all.




(Set Apart as Missionaries) After Sacrament meeting Pam and I were set apart as “full time missionaries” by our Stake President Craig Ahlstrom. This was another special moment in a thousand special moments. The blessing he pronounced on Pam and I were not only inspired but the exact blessing we needed. I don’t remember everything Pres. Ahlstrom said but he blessed Pam to help and bless the lives of the sisters in the Dominican Republic, to have patience and teach them, to perform her duties as a missionary with the spirit. He blessed her with a sweet yet powerful “Gift of Tongues” to not be afraid to speak, that her words may not be perfect but the people will understand through the spirit.
My blessing was different and unique for me. It dealt with teaching the people the restored gospel of Jesus Christ and being an instrument in the hands of the Savior to bring about his purposes. Interestingly enough, he did not bestow on me the “Gift of Tongues”. I had already received the gift of tongues 40 years earlier under the hands of a General Authority, A. Theodore Tuttle.

(Open House) The Open house was held at the flower shop because we have no house left. And our sons in Mesa don’t have homes large enough to handle the crowd of people. And a crowd of people it was, at least 150. And again the out pouring of support was overwhelming. Weeks ago Clara Naylor called me to say that she wanted to put on the open house for Pam and I. And what a great job she and her family did. With the help of Caroline, Marcella and Veralee the put out of spread of food that was tremendous. I couldn’t thank them enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment