Monday, August 17, 2009



Friday, August 14, 2009

For the past 2 weeks the Assistants to the president and I have been looking for a Bluetooth ear piece for me. It will really help me on the cell phone. I’m so deaf that a Bluetooth is the only way I can use a cell phone and be able to hear. Well, yesterday I finally found a BlueTooth…. oh Joy! It was just the one I wanted. But then… today my cell phone slipped off of my belt and under the car as I got in the driver’s seat. I didn’t know it until I backed out of the driveway and crushed my new Phone/PDA…. oh despair!

Bu t all is not lost. The phone still works! This afternoon Elder Ruggio went to “Orange” the cell phone company and had it fixed. It only took them a half hour (and about $50.00) to replace the crushed front glass and keypad. It’s as good a new.

Tomorrow is Elder Bate’s 20th Birthday. To celebrate Pam and I invited him and his companion Elder Ovalles out to dinner at the “All you can eat” buffet at the Mirador Hotel. It is only a block from the mission office and across the park from our apartment. It is a very nice hotel and the buffet was wonderful. I think we will be going back in the future. This is the same restaurant that Pres. Almonte takes all of the departing missionaries to the night before they leave the mission. It is a tradition everyone really looks forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment