Friday, August 21, 2009


Friday, August 21, 2009

Today wasn’t just another day at the office. Today while I was rummaging through one of the storage rooms at the mission office I came across a treasure. It was there amongst a lot of odds and ends, broken irons, parts to fans, etc. There it was discarded like so many other unwanted parts to broken appliances that had been heaped on the shelves for who knows how many years. I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw it but there it was…. an ACE Electric Etching Tool. I thought I had died and gone to heaven.

For those of you who know me, you know I dearly love my etching tool I had to leave back at the flower shop. But now I have one here in the Dominican Republic to use in the office. That is important because one of my duties as the Mission Executive Secretary is to oversee all the mission’s keys. Inventory them, mark them, account for them, check them out, see that they are returned, etc. If you thought I used to carry a large ring of keys on my belt loop before my mission, you should see the one I have now. Now I can etch each key with its label with my newly found Ace Electric Etching Tool. I’m sooooo happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment