Wednesday, August 12, 2009



Wednesday, August 13, 2009
It’s great to get some work done in the office. Pam is preparing for next month’s new arrivals and transfers, processing credit cards, creating “mail merge” letters and a dozen other things she couldn’t do 3 weeks ago. Well…. She not only couldn’t do them, she didn’t even know they existed. She has really learned a lot. I am so proud of her and the progress she has made in the office.

Today I got to go out and inspect a possible new apartment for 2 elders that had to move suddenly. It seems that a local gang (they are called “tigres” in the DR) were extorting money out of the local apartment landlords by cutting power lines and doing o ther vandalism. It was really unsafe for the Elders so they had to move in with 2 other Elders in a different area until we can find a new place for them.

The apartment we inspected is OK and the neighborhood looks much better than their last. Hopefully they will be able to move soon but first the office Elders and I have to do a lot of paper works.

Today I got to send my damaged hearing aid by FedEx back to Costco for repair. The hearing dept manager said on the p hone that I have a 2 year repair and/or replacement warrantee so the repair will all be free! I’m really happy about that. I hope to get them back in a couple of weeks. I really do need my hearing aids. They really help me hear better and I will need all the help I can get if I’m to be working with native Dominicans and their very fast style of speaking Spanish.

No comments:

Post a Comment