Wednesday, August 12, 2009


Tuesday, August 12, 2009

Today we had a surprise arrival from the MTC here in Santo Domingo. His group of Elders and Sisters weren’t supposed to arrive for another 6 weeks of language training. However when a missionary is already a Spanish speaker his time is cut short at the MTC so today we received Elder Miguel Rugerio.

I had a nice long talk with Elder Rugerio, who is from Mexico. In fact he is from a small town called Ecatepec, Estado de Mexico. Ecatepec just happens to be the last area I served in 38 years ago. However, when I served there the branch had less than 100 members. Elder Rugerio told me that now there is a Stake with 7 wards. Wow, the Lord has truly blessed his children in Ecatepec with faith to blossom with increasing numbers of good members. I wouldn’t have imagined 38 years ago that there would be a Stake in the place of the small branch where I was a missionary.

No comments:

Post a Comment