Friday, August 21, 2009




Thursday, August 20, 2009This morning a half hour before sunup Pam and I donned our walking shoes and did laps around the little park in front of our apartment complex for 30 minutes. We’ve decided that we will start a regular exercise program. We want to start walking in the early morning on a regular basis, at least three times a week and maybe more. A lot will depend on how late we have to work, if we are out in “El Campo”, etc.

On Tuesday when the President did interviews, Sister Almonte did her regular health checks of the elders & sister. In addition to checking a missionaries general health she weighs them, takes their blood pressure, pulse, etc. Pam and I had sister Almonte take our blood pressure for the fun of it. Mine was normal but Pam’s was just a little bit elevated. The president’s wife suggested that Pam start exercising. So Pam took the challenge, yesterday she started her half hour walk around the park and liked it a lot. Today I joined her and I think we will be doing this real regular now.

The little park in front of our apartment is pretty small, about as big as a football field but it’s very pretty and surrounded by a sidewalk. The trees, bushes and flowers are beautiful. On any given morning there are 4 to 6 other people walking and getting their exercise too.

Toni ght we left the office an hour early. Normally we work from 8-6:00. Today was the first day in three weeks we’ve been able to take a break. With our extra free time you’ll never guess what we did. Well…. Some of you that know Pam can guess. You see; the movie “Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince” just made it here to the Dominican Republic last week. We’ve been dying to see it ever since it came out July 15, just two days after we went into the MTC. And since it’s not against the rules for senior couples to go to a movie we took our chance to see it.

We liked it a lot. Pam has read all the books and understands the story line better than I do. Since I’m waiting for my hearing aids to be returned, I mostly enjoyed the cinematography and special effects. One thing that helped me is the fact that the movie was in English with Spanish subtitle. Even though I’m not the fastest reader in Spanish I was able to follow the story line a little better because I was able to read the words at the bottom of the screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment