Wednesday, August 26, 2009

PAM’S E-MAIL TO THE FAMILY MONDAY, AUGUST 24, 2009

Hola familia!
Comó la va? In other words, how is it going? That is one of my new phrases this week. We have had another full week in the DR. I made a few embarrassing mistakes but nothing major. Keep your fingers crossed that I won’t do something major. Dad and I are well, we have walked early several mornings this week because Hermana Almonte took my blood pressure and it was a little high. I am hoping that more exercise will relieve some of the stress that I am feeling. We took a walk in one of the 5 mile parks here and during that walk we found a huge squished tarantula, an 8” centipede that was cut in half and an alive millipede and from our drive home from the campo (the misión outbacks) I saw a nice large iguana coming out of the forest and begin feasting on a melon that had fallen from one of the trucks. Dad was not able to view it for when I was talking to him about it a car was passing another car coming at us and he had to play a little chicken with him.

My interesting traffic story for this week is that a funeral procession came traveling on the wrong side of the road because they wanted to pass another car. This was in the city so it made some interesting maneuvers to avoid some mishaps. There is truly never a dull moment on the road in the DR.

How are all my nietos (grandchildren) doing? We received some fun pictures from Jared and Tere and some from Nathan and Valerie. And a fun e-mail from Grandma and Grandpa Burk and one from Mindy…THANK YOU! Missionaries love getting mail. We are hoping all is well and everyone is trying to keep cool. We love you and hope to hear from you soon.

Love, Mom and Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment