Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Yesterday I was unable to pick up the mission’s checks at Citi Bank because the bank’s printer was broken. They thought they would have it fixed before they closed last night but never did. I spent three hours (I should say wasted three hours) at the bank today waiting for the checks that we had to have today. As I waited in the lobby, Obispo Capois, the employee I get the check from, kept reassuring me I would have the checks any minute.



Since early this morning tropical storm “Tomas” has been raining on us in the capital. The rain continued all day with a few brief pauses. There was not much wind all day, it was all rain. As we headed into the evening it picked up and really rained hard all night.




Because of the bad conditions today, Pres. Almonte postponed the Zone Conference that was planned for two of the Zones in the South today. It has been rescheduled for next Tuesday. Hopefully “Tomas” will be gone by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment