Monday, January 10, 2011

Monday, January 10, 2011

Today was busy for the office Elders. Hna. Johnson and I have turned everything over to them. We’ve been overseeing their work and they are doing a good job. With my spare time I completed a document I’ve been working on for the past 6 months. It is titled: “THE RULES for Driving in the Dominican Republic”. The actual rules are only two pages long but the descriptions, explanations and examples are another six pages. I wanted to finish it today so I could take it with me to FHE and share it with the Seniors.

Twice a year the Temple is closed for cleaning. When the temple is closed, FHE with the Seniors is also cancelled. But tonight the Seniors decided to have a BBQ together anyway. Hna. Kilgore planned it and Dr. Kilgore grilled the hamburgers and chicken. Everyone brought side dishes and it was all very good. I taught the lesson (if you can call it a lesson) on the rules for driving in the DR. Everyone seemed to enjoy what I had to say and maybe they won’t be so intimidated the next time they pull out into the street.



No comments:

Post a Comment