Friday, June 11, 2010

Friday, June 4, 2010

Yesterday was the Dominican National holiday, “Corpus Christi”. Most businesses, all banks and government offices were closed and so was the church’s offices in “Centro de Servicio”. In spite of the fact that the mission office has no money left in petty cash Hna. Johnson had to come up with $20,000.DRPesos ($550.00 USD) to get Elder De la Rosa out of the hospital. She managed to pull a miracle out of her hat again. This time she used her own personal rent & utility money she had saved for her own bills. It was OK though because this morning “Centro de Servicio” was open again and they wrote her a check to cover the expense. Hna. Johnson does work miracles.



This afternoon I went to the Temple Store to fill missionary’s orders. Usually I pick up 5 to 10 items and I’m out relatively quick. However for the past 3 months the store has been out of a lot of items so the back log of unfilled orders have been piling up. Well, finally new supplies arrived from the US and I was able to fill almost every order. Today I was there for over 2 hours. By the time I was done my blue Corolla’s trunk was full of bags of things for the missionaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment