Monday, June 21, 2010

Monday, June 14, 2010

I took my “drowned” camera into a Dominican camera shop this morning. It was only about a mile from the office. The estimate on the cleaning and repair came back at $3850.00DRPesos or $107.00USD. I was sick on Saturday when I submerged it in the ocean and I’m sick again now that I’ve seen the price to repair it. Tomorrow I will actually get to speak to the camera repairman and get his opinion if it is really worth repairing.



Tonight we had a very good FHE with the other senior couples at the “Casa de Huespedes”. The lesson was given Hna. Lia Cioban. She is a single sister that has been called to work in the Santo Domingo Temple. She is from Romania and in addition to her native Romanian she speaks about 5 other languages including Spanish.




Hna. Cioban’s lesson was a guided tour of her home country of Romania. Her “Power Point” presentation was as beautiful as it was interesting. It made me realize how little I know about other countries. In pictures projected on the wall she showed us the culture, history, art, politics, architecture and beauty of the people of Romania. The really special part came at the end when she told the story of her introduction to the gospel, her conversion and baptism. Hna. Johnson and I really enjoyed Hna. Cioban’s testimony and her FHE lesson.


No comments:

Post a Comment