Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Thursday, October 29, 2009

I received “Fun Mail” today. Aunt Susan sent me a “hard copy” of THE FAMILY NEWS (FNL). Hna. Johnson and I love reading the FNL. We read it as soon as Aunt Susan publishes it and sends us an electronic copy to our e-mail address. In some ways it’s even better than the webcam. While we are serving on a mission we wouldn’t have time to webcam every member of our extended family but the FNL tells us all about almost everyone. And I often go back to it and re-read it. Then I save a copy in my personal journal as a permanent record of our great family’s history. I can’t do that with the webcam. Thank you everyone for taking the time to write in THE FAMILY NEWS. We love it and we love each of you for taking the time to put in a contribution.

It only took 10 days for Aunt Susan’s envelope with the FNL to get here and it came right to our office. I’ve hear some people complain about the Dominican postal system. But I disagree; I’m not aware of a single lost letter or package. I think the Dominicans are doing a great job if it only takes 10 days for a letter to get hand delivered to our office. Packages take a little longer but not much. Packages are opened and inspected but that is done right in front of us in the Customs Office so we know nothing is ever missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment