Saturday, September 4, 2010

Saturday, September 4, 2010

This morning we went to Juan Dolio Beach again. We left our apartment at 7:30 and got there at exactly 8:30, a one hour drive. Today’s low tide was at was 8:36am so we were there at the perfect time for hunting for seashells and snorkeling. However the water out on the reef was unusually murky today. My pictures of the tropical fish and the coral reef didn’t turn out very well.





About an hour after we got to the beach the Whitakers and Berkley’s arrived too. They had with them one of the Seniors, Hna. Atkinson and her sister who is visiting the DR. Everyone enjoyed the water and we all hunted for shells.





I wasn’t as successful finding seashells as the last time (See Aug. 21, 2010); I did find a lot of smaller shells that Hna. Johnson likes so much but I found no large shells at all this week. We left for home a little before noon.




While I was snorkeling out by the reef the ocean swells gave me motion sickness again. This is something I have to cope with every time I go snorkeling in the ocean. Hna. Johnson brings along extra strength Tylenol for me and my head ache goes away after only a few hours. The Tylenol doesn’t help stop the world from spinning, only time, staying motionless or a nap stops the spinning. This afternoon back at the apartment I really enjoyed my nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment