Thursday, October 15, 2009



Monday, October 12, 2009

Today we were finally informed of all the transfers that are happening tomorrow. And to our shock we discovered that we will be losing Elder Bates from the office! I have used his picture many times in my blog. He has been my mentor and trainer for the last 3 months. I really don’t know what I will do without his knowledge of the workings of the office. I have grown to love him like a son (like all the office Elders). He will be a Zone Leader out in Barahona. I will miss him very much. The town of Barahona is getting a great missionary and the Elders & Sisters in the Barahona Zone are getting a great leader.

Both Assistants to the President (AP’s) here in the capital are also leaving. Elder Araya and Elder Jimenez have been in the office for only two transfers and are both leaving at once. This is highly unusual. It means that the two new AP’s will be coming in green with little if no training. Both Elders Araya and Jimenez are getting a green elder to train and they are excited and eager for the opportunity to get back in the mission field as regular Elders. I will really miss these two elders as well. Hna. Johnson and I aren’t losing office Elders; rather we’ve gained several new sons.

No comments:

Post a Comment