Sunday, April 11, 2010

Friday, April 9, 2010

What a mess in the mission office today. The internet was down all day and that creates a big headache for Hna. Johnson. We phoned “Codetel”, our internet service providers to see how long they expected the system to be down. The “Codetel” customer service agent just said it will be down all day. This really makes our job in the office very hard. The computer operating system in the office is “internet” based. It’s hard to get your work done when one of your most important tools is taken away.

I was able to get some work done though. I went to “Centro de Servicio” (their internet was working) and made 5 stops while there. I picked up supplies and 12 cases of BofM’s at the “Almacen” (warehouse), delivered our outgoing mail and picked up our incoming mail, I talked to Hna. Dayanara and solved several problems and left one problem still unsolved, I talked to Hno. Jackman and got new problems to work on, and I delivered important documents to Hna. Jarne German for Pres. Almonte.




My next stop was at “Orange” our cell phone provider. They are a huge company, similar to Verison or AT&T in the states. I do all of my business with them at the main office in down town Santo Domingo. I spent several hours there yesterday, mostly waiting in line and again today. I was picking up 5 new phone sets, redeeming “Filipuntos” (bonus points) and getting phones repaired. I’ll be going back tomorrow too. My own cell phone was in for repair and it won’t be done until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment