Thursday, April 1, 2010

Friday, March 26, 2010

Today was one of those days that I felt like I got a lot done. I went to “Centro de Servicio” and solved several problems with IMOS. I picked up a ton of materials at the “Almacen” (Church’s Warehouse). I went to the bank and picked the mission’s petty cash check so we could start reimbursing everyone that has been waiting a week for their money. I picked up 18 rent checks for “Duenos” (landlords) all over the capital and out in the South. I did a couple of “Diligencias” (Errands) including visiting the house of 4 Elders in the area of “La Paz” to deliver hardware and cash for the house. But….



Now I look back on today and I feel like I got almost nothing done. Everything I accomplished today carried a hefty price tag of wasted time! The two hours I spent at Centro de Servicio and the Almacen were 90% unproductive time spent waiting for someone to show up, to do something or just get off the phone. I spent an hour and a half at the bank waiting in line for the mission’s checks. At noon I missed my lunch because the office Elders and I had to run some urgent Diligencias that took us over 2 hours. These Errands should have taken us 25 minutes but the Santo Domingo bumper-to-bumper traffic meant we spent an hour and a half in complete gridlock.

However it all wasn’t wasted time. Hna. Johnson and I went to the Temple Store this afternoon and bought everything on the missionaries shopping list. It’s a service the mission office provides for all of the missionaries. The Temple Store is like a Distribution Center and Deseret Book in one. The missionaries can get everything from scriptures & covers to garments. The store is too far away for the missionaries to go buy things for themselves so all week we take orders and on Friday we buy everything for them.

Normally I go to the Temple Store by myself on Friday but today Hna. Johnson and I went together because afterward we had an appointment with Hna. Carmen Furcal to cut our hair in the Casa de Huespedes. She does a very good job, we like her.

No comments:

Post a Comment