Friday, April 16, 2010

Thursday, April 15, 2010

This evening I got to see Elder Sanchez (See April 5th and April 7th). He is in great spirits even though he still looks scrapped up after he was hit by a car but at least the scabs are all off from his “Road Rash”. He is already being sent back to work as a missionary. The Capital AP’s were taking him to his new area here in the city. On Monday April 5th he was hit by a car. On Wednesday April 7th he was sent home to recuperate and recover. This evening he is back at work in the mission fields. What a resilient Elder!

Friday, April 16, 2010

This morning I went to “Centro de Servicio” and to the “Tienda del Templo” for my weekly “diligencias”. My stop at Centro de Servicio was unusually quick. I had very little business to do there. I dopped off mail and picked up mail and that was about it.

But my stop at the Tienda del Templo took two hours. I had an unusually high number of orders to fill for many, many missionaries. Word has gotten out to them that there is a special being run on the price of garments. The old price was $60.00 pesos each, making a pair $120.00 or about $3.30 in US Dollars. But now the price has been reduced to $25.00 pesos each, $50.00 per pair or USD$1.35. That is a huge discount. The “Tienda” has had such a run on the Garments that they had to put a limit of 4 pair per person. However they let missionaries have as many as they want. I had one Elder that ordered 15 pair! The trunk of my car was full of orders for missionaries.

This afternoon I took my mission car, 2008 blue Toyota Corolla, to the car was. It is interesting that here in a country where Spanish is the national language, all car washes are called a “Car Wash”. The one I went to is named “Le Car Wash”. There are car washes everywhere, in the city, in the country, even very small towns will have a car wash and everyone is a “Car Wash”.


Thursday, April 15, 2010

Also interesting thing about car washes, they are all hand washed. There are no mechanical car washes in the Dominican Republic. This afternoon my car wash cost me $200.00 pesos or about $5.50 US Dollars. They did a good job.

No comments:

Post a Comment