Monday, October 18, 2010

Monday, October 18, 2010

Today was one of those days where everything we planned to do didn’t get done as we were pulled left and right by non emergencies and some real emergencies. Hna. Johnson and I were very busy all day. Hna. Johnson was bombarded all day with phone calls from all over the mission with financial questions and presumed problems. Most of the calls were solved on the spot but a few required a lot of time to research.

My first detour happened when I had to make an emergency run to a clinic to pay for tests for one of our sick Elders. The clinic wouldn’t see the Elder until the fee was paid in advance. When I got there I had to fight with the credit card company’s card swiping machine. When we make purchases using the mission’s credit cards the card swipers only work half of the time.




Next I was off to Centro de Servicio to pick up 20 cases of Book of Mormons. But when I got there they told me their shipment was still held up at the Aduana. It was supposed to be delivered to them on Saturday. The mission has been out of copies of the B of M for three weeks now.

One thing that went as planned was my trip to “The Pastry”. I picked up 65 loaves of “Pan Sobado” (Conference Bread) for the Elders and Hna. at this morning’s Zone Conference at the La Paz chapel.



This evening we went to FHE with the other Seniors. Bro. Svensen gave a wonderful Power Point slide presentation on the universe, “How Great Thou Art” and “If you Could Hie to Kolob”. It was all done with Hubble telescope pictures, it was great.





No comments:

Post a Comment