Thursday, October 14, 2010

Thursday, October 14, 2010

This afternoon I went back to the Government Office, Minister of Public Affairs office in downtown Santo Domingo. (See Thursday, Oct. 7, 2010) The document was ready to be picked up. When I got there I was sent from line to line and window to window without finding the right line or the right window. Finally a man in one of the lines took my receipt from me and gave it to a man at one of the desks. Finally I was in the right line. I talked to the man that helped me; he said that he is on the High Council of the Ozama Stake here in the capital.



The Good Samaritan told me that he served his mission in Santiago here in the DR from 2005 to 2007. He stayed with me to make sure I finally got my document. Then we left together.



Yesterday when Pres. Almonte was here he asked me to see if I could down load the sessions of General Conference and burn them to a DVD disk. The Neyba branch and the members in DuvergĂ© weren’t able to watch conference two weeks ago because their satellite dish was down for repairs and it is too far and too expensive for them to go to the nearest town, Vicente Noble, with a dish.

With the help of Elder Huey, yesterday afternoon I was able to down load all of the sessions of conference. He showed me how to convert the files to the DVD movie format and then burn them. Unfortunately to make the DVD play with a “full frame” image the conversion files are huge. The file conversion and burning of only one session of conference took the computer 8½ hours! It looks like the project is going to take me a while to finish. I’m spending most of my free time working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment