Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Wow… what a day at the “Aduana” (Customs package pick-up). I was the first in line when they opened at 9:00am. And it was a good thing I was, the mission had 32 packages to be picked up. It took the Aduana staff an hour and a half just to find all of my packages. The have no real filing system and there are boxes just lying around everywhere. But they did find them all. In fact, to my knowledge there hasn’t ever been a package coming to our mission by way of the Aduana that has ever been lost.




I wasn’t expecting so many packages, so I didn’t have enough money with me to pay for them all. Each package under 5 kilograms has a customs fee of $100.00 ($2.70USD). Packages over 5 Kilos costs $250.00 (6.75USD). My total fee this morning for all of the packages was almost $5000.00DRPesos ($135.00USP).




I had to place an emergency call to Elder Grant and Elder Moore in the office to run down to the Aduana to bring me more money from the “Caja Chica” (Petty Cash). I was really glad they came because I really needed the help with all those packages.

Today the Independencia Zone was at the Mission Home, they are the last Zone to have their group interviews with Pres. Almonte. Afterward they had their Christmas dinner with Pres. and Hna. Almonte.






Hna. Johnson and I were at the office before noon to deliver & pick up mail, drop off orders, take pictures, etc. As we were about to leave Pres. Almonte invited us to eat with the Zone. We were delighted to accept.







The dinner was great. It was all Dominican food prepared by Dominicans.

No comments:

Post a Comment