Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Friday, December 4, 2009

Today I did my usual Friday “Diligencias” (Errands) to “Centro de Servicio” (Central Services), Temple Book Store, Aduana (Customs), etc. And just like last week I was an hour and a half at Centro de Servicio. That put me behind schedule and I wasn’t able to make it to the Aduana.

One reason I was so long at Centro de Servicio was an appointment I had with Hno. Quimerio Fernandez. He is in charge of all of the finances of all the branches and districts in our mission. He gave me a crash course on book keeping for the Neyba branch. The new branch checking account was finally opened this week and I got the branch check book after waiting over 2 months. Hno. Quimerio showed me how to enter everything in the branch’s computer and what all of the rules are. It was a very good training session. I need all the help I can get and now that I have his cell phone number, he’s only a phone call away.

Another reason I was late leaving Centro de Servicio was all of the cases of Books of Mormon I had to load in the back of the Pick-up. Normally when I go to the warehouse at Centro de Servicio I pick up 2 or 3 cases to replenish our stock room but today I picked up 15! There are 40 books in each case so that represents a lot of Book of Mormons.



There is a good reason for all of the extra Books of Mormon this week. Last Tuesday President Almonte had a mission conference with all of the Elders and Sisters in El Campo. The main thrust of the whole conference was on effective use and teaching with the Book of Mormon. He so inspired all of the missionaries that the requests for more Books of Mormon have been pouring in from “El Campo.” With the Lord’s help December could be a record breaking month for teaching the gospel in the Santo Domingo West Mission.

Hna. Johnson and I ended our day at “Price Smart”. We have long lists of items to buy for the Elders in Neyba and Duvergé as well as other pueblos in “El Campo.” We also did our own shopping in preparation for another “Whirlwind Adventure for Shrek and Donkey.”

No comments:

Post a Comment