Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Friday, November 27, 2009

Today was a much calmer day than yesterday, at least for me. Probably because I spent almost the whole day in the car running my “Diligencias” (Errands). Hna. Johnson was busy in the office with end of the month financial stuff like writing checks to DuaƱos (landlords), etc. One of my stops each Friday is at “Centro de Servicio” (Central Services) for the Caribbean Area. I spent over an hour again this week just trying to deliver mail & reports, collect mail & supplies or meet and talk to dozens of people that can either answer my questions or that are doing an assignment for me or the mission.

One of the people I need to see at “Centro de Servicio” was Elder Kay Briggs. He’s the Area Director of Temporal Affairs. He’s a wonderful man. Hna. Johnson did sealings in the Temple a couple of months ago and he was the Bro. that was the Sealler. We sure enjoyed his stories about the sealing power of the temple. I didn’t know it before but he is the 2nd Counselor in our mission presidency! We had a nice visit; he was able to help me with several questions about the branch in Neyba.

My next stop was at the La Paz chapel in Santo Domingo. Pres. Almonte was holding an “All City Conference” for the missionaries in the capital. I don’t ever get to attend these missionary training meetings. Generally there is too much work in back ground and at the office for Hna. Johnson and I to attend. Today I went at the end of the meeting just to take a picture of one of the new elders that arrived yesterday with Pres. & Sis. Almonte. Pres. Almonte had to go to the dentist for a tooth ache so he wasn’t available yesterday morning when the two Elders arrived.

Even though I was only able to be at the meeting at the very end, it was another one of those spiritually charged moments that you have to be at to know and feel. The Holy Spirit is so strong in the presence of all these wonderful young dynamic missionaries. I relish these moments when I get to attend events like this with the missionaries, even though today was very brief.

My next stop was at the “Aduana” (Customs office), then the Temple Store, and several more stops. I didn’t finish with all of my “Diligencias” until after 5:30pm. Hna. Johnson nor I got to eat lunch, we were too busy, but Thanksgiving leftovers were sure good for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment