Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Another busy day in the office. Elder Small taught Hna. Johnson how to input all of the apartment rent info into the IMOS computer system for payment on the first of the month. And speaking of Elder Small, we found out this afternoon that he is being transferred out of the office next week, maybe even by the end of this week. If it’s true, Elder Small won’t have much time to teach Elder Barquero his job with “Dueños” (Landlords). We have also heard that for one reason or another there are a lot of emergency transfers going on this week. By the end of the week half of the transfers that where done last week for the regular “Translado” will be changed all over again. Wow, this is big, really big. It’s almost as if we are having another “Translado” this week instead of 6 weeks from now.

The AP, Elder Caldwell told me that President Almonte is expecting me to take a more active hand in the housing end of the office work. With the emergency transfers it looks like I will have to. Five months ago I was much more involved housing when Elder Bates was in the office. It will be fun spending more time working with Dueño but I’m not sure where I’m going to find the time.




This afternoon I had “Diligencias” to run. My first stop was a government office in downtown Santo Domingo. It was in the office of the minister of public affairs. An Elder that served in the mission 10 years ago has been corresponding with us. He is moving to Canada to go to postgraduate school. He needed a document of “Good Conduct” while he was here. It costs about 10 dollars. I placed the order last week and today the document was ready to be picked up.

No comments:

Post a Comment