Thursday, January 7, 2010

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Where did 2009 go? It was just here and now it’s gone! Well, it’s a new year and the Work of the Lord Goes on. As we embark on this New Year let me reaffirm our love of this, the Lord’s work among His children in the Dominican Republic. Hna. Johnson and I love our calling. We have been blessed to work with the best Elders and Sisters in the world, to be guided by a great Mission President that is a spiritual giant and to associate with the humble members & investigators in Neyba and Duvergé.

The following three paragraphs were emailed to me yesterday by one of the other Senior Couples serving in the Santo Domingo West Mission. This is exactly how Hna. Johnson and I feel about our calling as missionaries.

**********************

My Mission Commission

I am called of God. My authority is above that of kings of the earth. By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ.

He is my master and He has chosen me to represent Him--to stand in His place, to say and do what He Himself would say and do if He personally were ministering to the very people to whom He has sent me.
My voice is His voice, and my acts are His acts; my doctrine is His doctrine.

My Commission is to do what He wants done; to say what He wants said; to be a living modern witness in word and in deed of the divinity of His great and marvelous Latter-day work.
How great is my calling!


**********************

This morning we were up and at it again but our Saturday’s are getting pretty routine now. We go shopping, we pack, we load the pickup and we head for “El Campo.” This time we have two refrigerators on board for the trip as well as the usual supplies and mail for missionaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment