Saturday, January 9, 2010

Thursday, January 7, 2010

This morning Hna. Johnson and I were in the office working hard to finish up the “Translados” (Transfers) records, documents, etc. There seems to be a lot of paper shuffling whenever we have Translados. I did the official count and as of right now our mission has 192 Elders and Sisters in the field. Next Translados we will have 200 and maybe more.

I am still way behind on all of the work I have to do. I hope I can get done by the end of next week. One of my biggest problems is the emergency interruptions. For example my whole afternoon was taken up running the AP’s from “El Campo” around town on their errands. Their pickup truck is in the shop and we just got word that it won’t be done until the first of next week. My last stop with them was at the “Caribe Tours” (Bus Depot for the biggest bus line in the country) in downtown Santo Domingo. This evening they caught a bus for Vicente Noble. They will work in their area there until Sunday evening when they will catch a ride with Hna. Johnson and I back to the capital to pick up their truck. Hopefully it will be done next Monday.




This afternoon Hna. Johnson and I got our hair cut at the CCM (MTC) by the same sister that has cut our hair in the past. After that we were able to attend a session at the Temple. There were only 2 couples in the session. The other couple was from Arizona and as it turns out the Bro. is a cousin to Leno McCook, an old friend of mine and a holiday driver for the flower shop. Small world!




Hna. Johnson and I enjoyed our session in the temple and we got to be the witness couple. The Temple is so beautiful and peaceful inside. We just love it. The Celestial room has got to be one of the most beautiful I’ve ever been in. We had a chance to just sit and pray and meditate. It is wonderful how inspiration and answer to prayers come so easily when you’re in the Celestial room of the temple. Sometimes I wish we weren’t so busy, we could attend the Temple more often. But either placed, at work in the mission office or in the Temple we are where the Lord needs us, doing what he wants us to do. Next week the Temple will be closed two weeks for its winter cleaning so it was nice for us to attend the temple now before it closes.

No comments:

Post a Comment