Thursday, July 15, 2010

Sunday, July 11, 2010

My lesson this morning in the EQ in Los Arroyos Branch went very well. The Lesson was #12 on “The Atonement”. I always prepare my lessons with a prayer that my lesson will be presented well and that the brethren will learn from what I present and their testimonies will be strengthened. The Lord always seems to shower me with his “Tender Mercies” when I teach the lesson. For example I practiced and rehearsed today’s many times but I was never sure if the lesson would be the correct length. I thought today’s lesson would be too long and I would have to shorten it or cut parts to stay within the 45 minutes. As I pondered the question the “Tender Mercy” happened! I was prompted to include a closing hymn, No. 193 “I stand All Amazed” as part of my closing testimony.

I love the Hymn “I stand All Amazed”. In the lyrics I find the words that explain exactly how I feel about the atonement and what that Savior has done for me personally. At the end of today’s EQ lesson I had 7 minutes left. We concluded the lesson with the EQ singing the hymn acapella while I directed. Here is my testimony of the atonement of the savior put to verse (Hymn #193):

Verse 1: I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me,
Confused at the grace that so fully He proffers me;
I tremble to know that for me He was crucified,
That for me, a sinner, He suffered, He bled and died.

Chorus:
O it is wonderful that He should care for me
Enough to die for me!
O it is wonderful, wonderful to me!

Verse 2: I marvel that He would descend from His throne divine
To rescue a soul so rebellious and proud as mine;
That He should extend His great love unto such as I,
Sufficient to own, to redeem, and to justify.

Verse 3: I think of His side, pierced and bleeding to pay the debt,
Such mercy, such love and devotion can I forget?
No, no! I will praise and adore at the mercy seat,
And testify all my desires He doth fully meet.

I think we sounded great! After we concluded the song and I bore my testimony the class time was over, exactly to the second. It was a great lesson timed perfectly due to the promptings of the spirit to plan to fill the final 7 minutes with a hymn that was not part of the lesson manual.



This afternoon and this evening we had “Webcam” calls from three of our sons. We love the webcam on the internet. The evening was also made extra special because Ernie wrote us an e-letter. We love getting mail from home.

No comments:

Post a Comment