Thursday, July 15, 2010

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

One of my duties in the Mission Office is to help missionaries with their post mission school plans if necessary. Today Hna. Debbie Sanchez called me for help. She is working in the Quisqueya Area with her companion Hna. Fe De Olio. She will be released from her mission on the next “Traslado”, August 3rd.



Hna. Sanchez has been trying to register for Fall classes at BYU Idaho for the past several weeks. Her log-in has failed and she has spent all of her computer time on P-day just trying to log on to her BYUI account. She gave me all of her account information and the contact person in tech support. I called the number and within an hour Ryan in tech support had solved the problem. Hna. Sanchez is now an enrolled student at BYUI. She can start to select her classes a week from this Thursday on the 22nd of July.

* * * * *START: E-MAIL SENT TO EVERYONE IN MY ADDRESS BOOK * * * * *
Dear Friends and Family,

I decided today that it was time I wrote everyone a quick note to let you all know how Hna. Johnson and I are doing on our mission in the Dominican Republic Santo Domingo West Mission.

It is hard to believe but Hna. Johnson and I have been on our mission for exactly a year. A year ago today we arrived at the MTC in Provo and things have moved at lightning speed ever since. It seems surreal to me that we only have six months left.

I do hope you have had the time to log onto our blog and follow Hna. Johnson and I as we serve our mission in the Dominican Republic. Logging on is easy, there is nothing to join, it’s free and there are lots of pictures of our mission. Copy this address and paste it into your web browser: davidypam.blogspot.com or click on:
http://www.davidypam.blogspot.com/
I can’t begin to tell you all that we’ve done and all of the experiences we’ve had since we arrived in the Dominican Republic. You will have to read about everything on the blog. But I must say that our mission to serve the Lord and His children in the Dominican Republic has been a marvelous experience for Hna. Johnson and I. We’ve had to work very hard and had our share of challenges but the blessings far outweigh the hard work and a few pot holes in the road. Our decision to serve a mission was one of the best things we’ve done.

We love our mission. We love the people of the Dominican Republic. We love the missionaries we serve with. Our calling to serve in the mission office puts us in the middle of all of the missionary work. I know that this is His work and we are so delighted to be a part of it. This is the gospel of Jesus Christ and we see the change He makes in the lives of the people daily as they come unto Him.

We love all of you and we are so thankful to each of you for your support and prayers in our behalf.
Love,
Elder and Hna. Johnson

PS. This e-mail is going out to everyone in my address book. Some of you are in it more than once so you might get this e-mail a few times. Sorry about that!
* * * * * END OF E-MAIL TO EVERYONE * * * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment