Sunday, May 9, 2010

Friday, May 7, 2010

Hna. Johnson and I are whittling away at the list of thing to do before “Translados” next Tuesday. However my day was interrupted by my usual run to “Centro de Servicio” to pick up supplies & Mail as well as drop of “Pouch” mail, etc. I also visited 4 different people in the church’s Area Offices. One of them was Hno. Mauricio Munive. He is the second from the top in the chain of command over IMOS. Normally I wouldn’t ever get to meet with him but the two employees below him were out of town in Santiago trying to solve the Santiago Mission’s IMOS problems. Wow, what a fortunate encounter for our mission. I talked to him for over an hour and a half. In that time he solved 4 of our 5 biggest problems we are having with IMOS! Most of these issues we’ve been trying to solve for 3 months and he did it in one visit. He’s a keeper and now on my short list of best friends in Centro de Servicios.




This afternoon Hna. Johnson and I had our hair cut by Hna. Carmen Frucal at the “Casa de Huespedes” (Temple Accommodation Center). We like her. We’ve fallen into a routine for getting our hair cut. For the past 5 months we’ve been getting our hair cut the Friday before “Translados”, we want to look our best for the new incoming missionaries.




While at the “Casa de Huespedes” I went up to the 4th floor to the Santo Domingo MTC to deliver a letter to Elder Nathan Betteridge of Winnemucca, NV. We often receive mail for missionaries that are still at the MTC. We always deliver the letter to the MTC as soon as possible instead of waiting for “Translados”. When I stepped off of the elevator on the 4th floor I noticed a large group of about 12 Elders in the hall walking toward me. All I had to do is say was, “I have a letter for Elder Betteridge”. From the back of the group I heard, “I’m Elder Betteridge”, as he bolted to the front of the group. There was a lot of cheering and “High Five’ing” from all of the Elders. As he took the envelope from me he exclaimed, “I’ve been waiting for this letter”. Missionaries love to get mail from home!

No comments:

Post a Comment