Thursday, May 20, 2010

Thursday, May 13, 2010

This morning early we had a visit from Elder and Sister Whitaker. They are the Senior couple in the office of the Santo Domingo East Mission, our counter parts over there. They were here to deliver a lot more referrals from the Book Fair that just got over. It was a big pile. The Book Fair was a tremendous success and it produced a lot of referrals for all over the country, not just here in the West Mission.



We received good news from our “DueƱo” (Landlord), Nieves Henriquez. She is starting the installation of an air conditioning unit in our apartment. We’ve always had a small window AC unit in our bedroom so we can sleep at night but the rest of the house is always hot. This new AC unit will really make the coming summer months a lot more bearable.

This morning I went to the Aduana then after lunch I spent the rest of the afternoon at our apartment while the installer worked on the installation of the new AC unit. I took all of my work with me so I could get as much done as I could on my laptop while I was at home. We have DSL at our apartment so I was able to log on to IMOS and get a lot done. The installer didn’t stop work for the day until about 6:00. That gave me a lot of time to work on my office projects. I got my two “Ficheros” (Mission Pictures Rosters) done as well as my “Placas” (Picture Plates for the Pres.). I also got the pictures of the new missionaries with the Pres. & Hna. Almonte prepped for printing. Since I didn’t have any interruptions I really got a lot done.



Hna. Johnson is still working on tying up the loose ends of the Translado. She spent her whole day with her fingers flying all over the computer key board. Of course she never really finishes, once she does one project there are always 2 or 3 more on her desk that need immediate attention. Then… first thing she knows its “Translados” again and she has to start all over. But she’s a real trooper and is always working hard in the office.

No comments:

Post a Comment