Monday, August 9, 2010

Monday, August 9, 2010

I had an interesting experience today at “La Sirena” department store. I was running errands this afternoon, I had some items to purchase for the mission at the store but before I started shopping I went to the restroom. I got quite a shock; inside the men’s restroom were two men at the sinks washing their hands and one man at the urinal doing his business and a cleaning lady was mopping the floor between them! I was taken aback by the scene and very uncomfortable to say the least. I decided to use one of the stalls since there was a lady in the men’s restroom.

I told Hna. Johnson the story about the lady in the men’s restroom and she wasn’t surprised at all. She said that twice since she’s been in the DR she has been in the ladies restroom and male janitors have been inside cleaning or repairing. No one else seems to mind, they just go on about their business without giving it a second thought. This is one of those things about the DR that I don’t think we will ever get used to.


No comments:

Post a Comment