Sunday, August 1, 2010

Monday, July 26, 2010

Today I was off early to do the errands I didn’t do last Friday during Jared & Tere’s visit. I went to the Aduana (Customs) and picked up 4 packages for missionaries in our mission. Next I went to “Centro de Servicio” (Central Services for the Caribbean Area) to drop off reports to Dayanara, Hna. Johnson’s financial contact with the Area.




While I talked to Dayanara she told me about her flooding experience last Friday morning during the same storm Hna. Johnson & I were stuck in for 5 hours. Dayanara was stuck on the “27 de Febrero” for 2 hours in 2 feet of flood water. Also the lower parking lot at Centro de Servicio was flooded and some of the Caribbean Area vehicle fleet was submerged in 3 feet of standing water. Last Friday’s storm was a really big one.




This evening after work Hna. Johnson and I went to two different “La Serena” department stores. Hna. Johnson was looking for blue vases for 15 centerpieces she’s been asked to make for a banquet the Area Public Relations Missionaries are putting on. We found some very nice brandy snifters that will work nicely. We didn’t find enough, we are still short three but I will go out looking for more tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment