Sunday, August 1, 2010

Saturday, July 24, 2010 (One Year in the DR)

Today marks our one year anniversary since we arrived in the Dominican Republic. A year ago today we spent the whole day traveling to airports, waiting at airports, flying between airports, searching airplanes for my lost wallet and finally meeting the Almonte’s then spending the night in their home. From then on we have been a wonderful thrill ride. We love our mission and we love the people we serve with.

I remember very well how my mission to Mexico 40 years ago was such a life changing event in my life. I know that this mission for Hna. Johnson and I will change us forever too. What a wonderful and beautiful thing it is to serve the Lord and his children on a full time mission. We love it. However time is passing much too quickly. It is hard to believe that we have less than 6 months of our mission left.

Today is our P-day so Hna. Johnson and I spent the day cleaning our apartment and recuperating from our 7 day vacation with Jared and Tere. Well, it may take more than a day to recuperate. We were on the go so much and got to bed so late every night it may take several days just to catch up on our sleep.
We did sleep in this morning so that was a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment