Thursday, September 24, 2009




Saturday, September 19, 2009

Originally we had planned to leave early for Azua in “El Campo” but there were too many things to load at the office. Like last week we had mail and supplies for the Elders and Sisters in half a dozen of the little towns along the way. Also we discovered an e-mail that said Nathan & Valerie have a webcam now. So we decided to see if we could connect and we did. It was great. Hna. Johnson… I mean Grandma Johnson was in her element! She had a wonderful time talking to and seeing her granddaughters.

A month and a half ago we started spending our Saturday nights and half our Sunday nights in the rented house we call the “Azua Office”. It is half way to Neyba which is where we attend church every Sunday. The Azua office is nice except that the electricity fails half the time. Today was no different. When we got there the power was off and didn’t come back on for another3 hours.

Back when we started our weekend treks to Azua, the mission president told me he had high speed internet service (DSL Modem) and I was welcomed to hook up my laptop to it any time. For the past month and a half I’ve been trying and couldn’t make the internet work on my laptop. Well…. Miracles do happen. Saturday evening I was finally able to make it work! Hna. Johnson and I are overjoyed. It means that we will be able to use the webcam to see and talk to the grandchildren back in Arizona.

Unfortunately we were not able to make a connection with any of our sons and their families. Oh well, maybe next week. However I

No comments:

Post a Comment