Tuesday, September 29, 2009


Sunday, September 27, 2009

In Sacrament meeting with the Neyba members, President Almonte presented me to the congregation as their new Branch President. My first councilor (my only councilor) will be Bro. Francisco (Pachico) Vasquez. He was the brother that was just released as Branch President! He served for 5 years. He was hoping for a break but it seems there is no rest for the weary, the mission president wants him to be specifically in charge of the branch mission and reactivation program. I guess a change is as good as a rest. My job is to find 10 new brethren to reactivate or convert to be trained in leadership skills so this branch can be made into a ward when the district becomes a stake in a year or two.

My first day on the job as Branch President included my first priesthood executive committee (PEC) meeting. None of the brethren in Neyba knew what it was or that it even existed! Looks like I’ve got my work cut out for me. Branch council, Branch welfare meeting & Youth Committee meeting here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment